The mission of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness at Shorter University is to collect and maintain data on campus as a resource to the University. The office is to provide timely, user-friendly official data and research services that can be used to enhance the effective decision making, prepare mandated reports, and to measure institutional effectiveness. The Office meets the needs of the University by implementing the following activities:
- Provide support for academic assessment to all departments.
- Provide support for accreditation at the department and University level.
- Provide support for all academic and non-academic Program Reviews.
- Coordinate and complete appropriate reports and surveys requested by state and federal agencies, accrediting counsels, and external marketing sources.
- Coordinate and complete appropriate reports in a timely manner requested by all departments at the University.
The core values of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness are as follows:
- Excellence in office operations
- Integrity in data generation
- Confidentiality of student and staff information
- Collegiality in working relationships
- Accountability to safeguard institutional data
Dr. Ben McFry
Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Assistant Director of Institutional Effectiveness