27 Ways to Get Involved with the Shorter University Alumni Association
Visit your Shorter University academic college online to learn more about the new facilities and programs since you’ve graduated.
Consider including Shorter University in your estate plans.
Read about Shorter’s exciting growth with the purchase of the Darlington property, including Thornwood, the original home of our namesake, Col. Alfred and Martha Shorter.
Visit campus and tour the newest facilities.
Stay educated about Shorter University and share what you know with others.
Read the Shorter Magazine and share it with a friend when finished.
Become a leader in the Alumni Association by joining the Alumni Governing Board and representing your Shorter experience.
Visit the Alumni Benefits and Services page to see all the perks of being a Shorter alum.
- Pray for Shorter University. Please include the Shorter Family in your daily prayer life.
- Update your contact information by visiting hawkspace.shorter.edu and clicking on “Member login”.
- Answer the call. Our student Phonathon, Hawk Talk, will be calling you each year. Answer the call and hear firsthand about the Shorter experience from one of our current students.
- Make an annual gift to Shorter University. Every gift, regardless of size, helps strengthen the Shorter experience for current and future students.
- Get your Blue On! Wear your Shorter blue gear on Fridays to support the Hawks!
- Read the alumni e-newsletter, Virtually Shorter and stay updated on your alma mater through the latest news at shorter.edu.
- Attend an Alumni Association event in your area and take a fellow Hawk with you.
- Support Shorter University Athletics. Attend and cheer loudly at games or host a Hawks viewing party!
- Travel with the Hawks. Visit www.goshorterhawks.com to see all the opportunities to support our students in your area.
- Hire Hawks. Find employees through the Shorter University College Career Central program.
- Attend Homecoming. Celebrate with classmates during your reunion year and encourage other Hawks to join you.
- Share life celebrations with the Shorter Family! Submit your promotion, wedding announcement and photos or birth announcement and photos for publication in Class Notes in the Shorter Magazine.
- Encourage a prospective student to visit campus.
- Put a Shorter University sticker on your car. Email email@example.com to request a sticker.
- Promote and support fellow Hawks by participating in the Alumni Marketplace.
- Display your favorite Shorter College or Shorter University memorabilia in your home or office.
- Nominate a deserving Hawk for one of the annual Distinguished Alumni awards.
- Recruit five new annual donors and help increase Shorter University’s alumni participation rate.
- Join the Shorter University LinkedIn and Facebook groups.